The RAFIMAR Group was established in 1978, making it one of the oldest private sector shipping firms in Egypt. Over the last 20 years, it has been actively involved in the Egyptian market as Ship owners, Agents and Charterers.
Since its establishment, the company has grown from a sole partnership with an operating capital of Egyptian Pounds 20,000 to a private shareholding company, which in 1998 had an invested capital of US$ 5 million.
Today, the RAFIMAR Group has offices in Alexandria, Port Said, Suez, Damietta, Cairo and 10th of Ramadan City.
In the past, ship owners were forced to use slow, bureaucratic and inefficient state agents who often lacked the skills and flexibility to meet owners' specific needs. Under the new regulation rules, in 1998 RAFIMAR became one of the first privately owned companies to hold a full Shipping Agency license.
RAFIMAR employs 100 full time professionals in its head office, branches, and ports. In addition it employs part time experts in fields such as: Customs, Immigration, Insurance, and Medical Assistance.
Our well-managed and highly qualified staff aim to ensure trouble free operations for our principals' vessels. Operational staff is available on a 24 hours basis - 7 days a week.
A comprehensive list of key staff is available
- Egyptian Chamber of Commerce
- German – Arab Chamber of Commerce
- Egyptian International Freight Forwarding Association (EIFFA)
- Alexandria Chamber of Shipping
- Port Said Chamber of Shipping
- American Chamber of Commerce
- Red Sea Ports Chamber of Shipping
- Damietta Chamber of Shipping
- The Baltic and International Maritime Council (BIMCO)
- International Federation of Freight Forwarders Association (FIATA)
- WIN (Worldwide independent Network)
- TPF Forwarding Network
For any comments, remarks or suggestions click here and fill the our
feedback form and we will be glad to receive them Last Visitor